Saturday 11 August 2012

Just a Crazy American Pastel Summer

Hallo!

Ok so I have written this story and it isn't very good. But I wanted to put it up anyway. Hopefully it will fulfill your crazy and randomly awesome needs!!! I got inspired by some pictures I got off instagram and pintrest. Here they are........
























So my story is kind of a, ummm, snap shot liney piece of storyness ness ness nessssssss. Well here we go.........

She pressed her face up against the chilled glass. Frosting it with her heavy breath, longing for the day of sunlight. 

Pastel colours and tacky sun glasses.

Bracelets made of plastic beads found in an old toy or jewllery box.

Pink dome cars with four exhaust pipes roaming the streets of coloured concrete.

Record stores jamming with their 1950's tunes.

The nerd at the comic book store putting his limited edition of batman from 1940 in alphabetical order.

Cottage like houses that are orange and pink with green and white striped curtains which have frills on the ends sitting and watching the grass grow on the nature strips.

Rusty doors squeaking as the male of the house rushes out checking his watch to make sure he is not late for work. Or kids sneaking out to play down the street.

Sunlight dancing around the roof tops, teasing its shadow.

Nothing is proving a point. Nothing is trying to show off, prove themselves or try to be bigger than they are.

Setting up cubby houses next to the air con but the sheets leak the cold air out through their fibres.

Bunches of girls running around in fields of daises laughing with their dream catcher necklaces flower wrethes and pastel coloured dresses getting muddy.

Climbing trees till you are high enough to be able to look over the whole town and pretend your top of the world.

Bright coloured icy poles melting and dripping onto your now very sticky fingers.

Staying up late at night reading the comic book you bought with your pocket money the day before for the seventh time.

Snapping out of her day dream, she took her face away from the icy glass. Raindrops attacked her while the sun hid. Hid from the greyness. She sat back down dreaming about her crazy american pastel summer.
* * *

I hoped you enjoyed that and even though it's short kinda, it's powerful! Not really I just wanted to say that...

Here is the out fit of the day. I am really chilled so it isn't very exciting but its something.
???


I am also obsessed with this thing called indigo mag. It's not as cool as Frankie and no where near as skilled as rookie but it is kinda cool. But as a devoted Rookie follower I have to go to the rookie magazine now to read its pages of awesomeness, cool skilled , randomly addictive, inspirational pages of the words that carry the secrets to rookie and make up the official rookie magazine.

So I will talk to you soon even though no one will be reading this but oh well.

-charli xox

5 comments:

  1. mucho excellente story!!!! It kind of captures all the mushiness and suburbia stuff I have been feeling lately. Also rookie owns, every one knows it. We should definitely go to the australian rookie meetup when someone organises it. (if it's in sydney I am going to die.)

    much love, carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, thanks for your sweet comment :) also, you said you were having trouble following me, I tried to figure it out but I'm not sure whats wrong (I'm not very techy. At all, haha) I'm so sorry!
    Stay Golden,
    Lillie xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I am following! Follow back?
    -Maggie
    walruswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that outfit picture is adorable... you should post more of those perfect outfit-pictures, because your looks seem truly amazing, dear! (and yes, your floral headband is fabulous - just so you know!)
    xx // themerrimari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Llamas are cool, kombis are hip, leave a message and eat some cheese.